Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2012

International Soap Swap with Japanese Soaper Yoko


Aus gegebenen Anlaß heute mal auf Englisch:-)

Like most other soapers, I'm always curious to find out which local ingredients others use for their soaps.
Mika from Savonnerie Mika organized a soap swap with Japanese soapers. She was our contact, selected our swap partner because I'm sure otherwise there would have been language problems.
Yesterday I received my soaps from a soaper called Yoko. She sent me three of her soaps: Lavender, Shikon and Chamomille.
My first impression was that all the Japanese I know are so gifted and creative when it comes to packaging. It might be a sterotype but I don't know any other country in the world where so much emphasis is put upon the outward presentation of a gift! I found Yoko's packaging to be very original because she used natural and also recycled material - such as Starbucks wrapping paper!
The smell when opening the package was simply devine - I will have to find out which exact combinations of EOs she used!

Lavender Soap: The classic amongst soaps! Yoko used Lavender infused Olive Oil for hers, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil & Mangobutter and in addition milk, goat's milk powder and honey.  Sounds heavenly! From what I understand when reading the ingredients list, the soap is unscented although you wouldn't think because it has a slight milky smell with a hint of lavender.
(Picture top row in the middle & bottom row middle)



Chamomille Soap: The smell of this soap is so unusual - very warm and comforting - sorry, I don't know how to describe it better...Here she used Chamomille infused Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil & Hazelnut Oil. Also, St. John's Wort, Linden and Calendula herbs, honey, Benzoin & Chamomille EO.
(Picture: Middle & bottom row on the left)

Shikon Soap: Shikon is Gromwell Root - which I have to admit, I've never heard about in either Japanese, English or German - but my internet research found out that shikon is used in skincare for its antioxidant properties. The Shikon soap also contains Olive Oil (infused with a number of herbs which are totally unknown to me) , Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, refined Sesame Oil, Almond Oil, as well as Yoghurt, Maple sirup, Azuki Powder, soap confetti. It's scented with a mixure of the following EOs: Clary Sage, Myrtle, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood & Marjoram.
This is definitely a mixture I have to play around with myself! It's to die for! Unfortunately, I'm  neither very good nor very experienced with mixing EOs, so I'll probably have to experiment a bit to blend those scents well...
From what I understand, the design of the soap is called "Japanese Kimono" style - I have seen it on Ayu site (Tokyo Soap Factory) and always wanted to try it...
(Pictures: Middle row, middle & right)

In addition, I got a lovely letter which I'm still reading through because for me reading hand written Japanese is much harder than computer printed...

Thank you, Yoko-san, for the lovely soaps!!!

3 Kommentare:

  1. Das wär auch ein Soap swoap für mich gewesen....
    Tlle Seifen..ja und Verpackung ist eine japanische Spezialität

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh, you've got swap soaps finally!!
    All these soaps look very nice.As you write, I think also her wrapping is very special and original!

    It is always very interesting to know how other japanese soapers make soaps! Thank you for sharing:)
    xo

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Super Idee, Seife international :) .

    AntwortenLöschen